Thursday, January 16, 2014

I did something crazy and I moved across country ! Risk is worth it

So 8 months ago I sold everything I could and just packed up the rest which included 6 bags of clothes, a box of dvds and bluray player, tons of books, and other things and just drove across the country on an adventure.
A lot of people thought I was crazy to do it, I had no prospects job wise and really no real security of anywhere to go but I felt I had to, I felt stuck where I was and as much as I loved Madison WI with all my friends and family I had to go.
I had a lot of fun driving through states, except you Wyoming, you sucked with your 3 radio stations and snow storm that set me back...
I saw the badlands which was amazing and met some people along the way, when I got to Washington state I found myself homeless in the Tri-cities which were pretty much a slum in the desert so not fun at all.
I was down to a little money left when my parents called me about a family friend whom said I could come stay with them for a little bit and maybe find me a job.
I left for Tacoma which was 2 hours away and stayed with them for a while and started working at the same company the family friend worked at and then they kicked me out so I was homeless again for a while as I worked.
I found a place in Olympia, WA and I love it here, I eventually transferred to a closer city to work and loved the job until I quit to go work for Xerox which I know now I should have just stayed where I was at.
all in all I've learned that even though taking chances is a scary thing risk is worth taking sometimes because without it, there's no reward, you really have to take a chance to find out and have as much faith that everything will work out in the end.
Right now I laugh because everyone thought I was crazy for just up and moving across the country but I had the best winter ever since there's been little snow while my Midwest friends and family got dumped on with a huge snowfall.
I love my life right now, it's not perfect but I'm much happier than I was and am confident I did the right thing and what needed to be done for my own sake.
There will be people who will look at your actions and scoff or call you crazy for it but you shouldn't do it for them, you do it for yourself and only yourself.
You may fall, fail but in the end it is much more satisfying to fail on your own terms than live under others terms.
Always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment