Friday, April 16, 2010

The reality of God's forgiveness and Grace

Forgiveness, Everyone likes to be forgiven whether it be from a hurt friend for something that happened or God's forgiveness for our sins.
God has set a standard for everyone to live by which is to not sin and since that is impossible, God sent His Son Jesus to die for our sins as a payment so we could be forgiven for our crimes against God.
We all have sins we deal with but culture seems to have a liberal understanding of this with all sorts of Ideas outside of the Bible what God says is right in wrong.
They make excuses like "I'm a good person" in an attempt to justify their behavior in continuing their life in sin.
Then there's the other type of person who dismiss' God altogether saying that there is no such thing as sin, no right or wrong and that sin is subjective.
These notions are false, much like the Idea that there is more than one way to get to heaven.
Jesus said in John 14:6 "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
People think that by forming their ideas of God in their image that He'll be ok with how they live their lives even if it clearly goes against what God has said.
I've heard some people say "Well My god wouldn't send anyone to hell." but that's just it, their god wouldn't but clearly God said He would.

Matthew 13:42: "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Matt 25:41: "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels." This passage relates to Jesus' judgment of all the world.

Mark 9:43-48: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched." The reference to fire is repeated three more times in the passage for emphasis.

Luke 16:24: "And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame." This is a plea described as coming from an inhabitant of Hell.

As a sign in Georgia puts it "Just because you don't believe in Hell don't mean you ain't goin' there."

In making God ok with whatever they want they become idolaters no different than Pagans who worship the earth or other things God created.
People have a tendency to like the title of Christian but they are so in name only, the sad fact is most don't see a reason to go to church so they don't go except observing for holiday services.
Their reasoning behind it is that there are too many Hypocrites or they don't like anyone telling them how to live their lives.
That is very spiritually immature and shows they have no interest in God and His ways or even getting close to God because if they won't listen to those God has put up to help us understand His word better.
This is not to say that all pastors are right in their theology or that there aren't Hypocrites in the church but people fail to realize a few things.

1. Pastors with wrong Theology.
This is why we need to read the Bible making sure that we know when something doesn't line up with scripture and know if someone is correct or not.
Those who are correct show us a point of view that we couldn't see and those who aren't will be exposed by those who know what the Bible states.

2. Hypocrites.
These people are the ones who are Christian in title but do not study God's word so they go out and act like the rest of the world and then go to church asking for forgiveness but never trying to change.
What people SHOULD be asking themselves why they can't be the person to be an example for others.
You might be interested to know that Matthew 7:22-23 states "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'"
Also Matthew 7:16 says "By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?"
These two Verses show that you will be able to tell who are real christians by plastic ones and that these people who claim to know God, He will tell them that He does not know them and that they are evil.
So as you can see the hypocrites will not go unpunished by God and their deeds will be seen because they're hearts will be open before Him.

There are reasons for Church, the first church started as home groups, breaking bread with each other and what some fail to see is that we are there to help strengthen each other in faith.
The people are the church not some building but the Idea of church no matter how big or small is based on the people being with each other.
It's easy to get lost in a big church but this is where you must pray for what church God wants you at and a church that lines up with the Bible says.

In Proverbs 27:17 it says "As iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

Matthew 18:20 states "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

These two verses alone go to show that you cannot be by yourself and expect to keep on track, you have no one to be accountable to and your actions to stay on the straight and narrow.
This is not to say you can't read alone but it's always good to have others to confirm correct teaching.

Now having set that right let me Get back to God's forgiveness...
The whole Idea of God's forgiveness relies on the fact that we need to have real repentance which means doing a 180 from our sins.
Everyone has trouble with falling into traps of their own, we're only human after all but at least making an effort to try and turn from it is what counts.
There are some who think they can continue sinning and just ask for forgiveness, God knows your heart and knows if you're honest with wanting forgiveness or if you're trying to fool God but they're only fooling themselves into thinking that their hearts aren't revealed before God.
God's forgiveness works on Repentance, if someone is not honestly repentant then God cannot forgive them.
There are those as I stated that don't believe anything is a sin and with that they cannot be forgiven.
This is not to say people cannot be forgiven on their deathbed, the point is that your ask for forgiveness is about being honestly being sorry for what you did.
Some think they can use this as an excuse to wait until the last minute but this is faulty thinking and here's why.

1.You don't know when you'll die, anything could happen and you could die at any moment without warning.

2. You loose time...
When you're a witness to others you gain your reward in heaven through both bringing others to Christ and also through what you did in your life.
Now this is NOT to say that works alone will do it by any means, James 2:20 says that faith without works is dead and Vise Versa but you also have to look at and consider Ephesians 2:8 which says salvation is by grace through faith.
We were meant to do good works but not rely on them totally for our salvation because it has already been worked out but is only part of who we are supposed to be in Christ.

3. God knows our hearts.
Waiting for the last second is a major problem due to the fact that God knows you've been putting it off, they try to postpone living for God so they can live their own way and then when life is over they think they can fool God into thinking that they were sorry for living in sin.
The problem is that they're hearts are exposed before God, He knows when they're trying to fool Him or if they are really being honest.

I hope this has shown you a great deal and helps you understand the truth behind the grace of God.

We must be honest, Repent accept Jesus is the only way, we cannot earn our way to heaven and should not wait for the last minute because we don't know when that will be.
After reading this please do yourself a favor, if you're trying to play games and trying to fool God into forgiveness while wanting to live your own way because you're only fooling yourself and it's both a shame and a waste.
Please read or reread as many times as needed, meditate on it and pray if you still don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. I think that some of your points are valid, but many more are flawed. I think that not being Christian is much better than being one in name only. Hypocrites have no place in Christianity. They only weaken the cause.
    As a proclaimed non-Christian, I find it incredibly difficult to understand how so many people are followers of Christ. There is little to no evidence that Jesus lived the life claimed in the Bible. As I have posted many times, while I am not a believer, I am a searcher. I am continually looking for evidence in any religion, to help me believe. And I understand that it is often difficult for followers to understand where I am coming from and accept that my questions are to gain knowledge not to criticize.
    I do not understand how people that claim to be Christian can be so judgmental of those who are not. Did Jesus not live his life spreading the word of the Lord? Where there no Christians before Christ? I am not sure I understand the judgments you so strongly pass against those who are not Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I must say this to you, you are right in one part, God said for us to be either Hot or cold, not Lukewarm or He will spit us out of His mouth so in that aspect you are right that it is better to just call yourself a non-Christian rather than being in name only.
    I agree that those who are hypocrites should examine themselves but on a bright note we are to rebuke our brothers and sisters in love which I am just learning to do and I have been a Christian for many years.
    We are by no means perfect but that is why we must help each other and teach so we can shed our old ways and die to the flesh as God has intended.
    I have seen many things beyond my understanding, I have had visions and have been taken out of my body to Hell while I was awake at work.
    I have seen demons and prophesied over people whom I do not know and spoken things about them only they knew.
    I have seen many things to believe the God of the Bible is true and that His son was who He claimed to be.
    This has been my journey and I am continuing to learn and change accordingly.
    There is plenty of evidence if you look but the world media doesn't release things and the things that are shown to people through Christian sites people dismiss as propaganda or fake things.
    It comes down to one thing, either believing or not, believing what you want to believe or dismissing it.
    I am glad you are searching and I pray you will find what you are looking for so that you will finally believe.
    It is between you and God, I am here to speak and I have been trying to get away from myself knowing all too well that I cannot change people, God is the changer so I have been leaving it up to him and stop trying to force it.
    Everyone has questions and I understand that, your goal is to ask and assess accordingly.
    I think the reasons people who claim and who are do that because it's a reaction and force of habit of their flesh taking over.
    It's a very hard thing to get rid of and hard thing to overcome, I have been critical, wanting people to understand so badly that I wanted to do everything in my power to get my point across.
    there is a hard balance between Judging and speaking in love of what is right and wrong.
    Like I said, I have been trying to finally die to myself and my old ways.
    Jesus always confronted sin but did so in love and I want that.
    There were no Christians before Christ, Christian means "Little Christ" or to be like Christ.
    Before Jesus came along people had to live by the law.
    It's not that we don't have to live by the law now but now it is God's grace through Christ that Get's us to heaven instead of sacrifice.
    There needed to be atonement for the sins of man in the past so Jesus became that sacrifice to pay for the sins of man.
    As long as we accept Jesus as the only way then that is the beginning of your relationship with Him and God.
    There are two types of Judging, one is Good and one is Bad which I will explain in later posts.
    There is a scripture that says do not Judge lest ye be Judged or that remove the plank in your own eye first and yet God tells us to Judge all things according to His ways.
    Most see this as a contradiction but do not study the intent or meanings of the scriptures.
    I understand that some things are not easy to understand for some but I do not blame you for not understanding because you're eyes have not been fully opened yet.
    There is many times people, Christians and non alike who read a scripture and don't understand it, then later they understand because something has happened to make them see it in another way.
    The Bible stays the same and yet people change and through that their perspective changes letting them understand things they didn't before.
    I hope I helped a little for understanding and if you have questions I am always glad to answer to the best of my ability.
    I won't be mad because if I can help you understand a little better it will make me happy.

    ReplyDelete