Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trying to Kill my flesh

Well I really didn't know what I wanted to post this on so I'll write until I find something.
It's often weird to me, I write and more often than not I wind up writing some lesson about God that I had no intention of writing in the first place but I guess you can't really help but write what's inside you.
In blogs or writing period people's inner self naturally comes through the words on the page and despite meaning this blog to be about my life I somehow always come back around to God.
I realized something not long ago which is something I wished I would have learned a long time ago.
I was told before years ago and through my life that I had a critical spirit and of course with me being as stubborn as I am took offence to it because I didn't like anyone telling me who to be.
The one thing I didn't see was that they weren't telling me who to be, they were trying to help me change the negative things that were doing harm in my life.
It took my own search of Who I am/was to see what I needed to change in myself, I've always had a heart after God, this isn't to say I didn't look at other religions but my search led me straight back to the true God again.
God showed me many things in my life, amazing things that were beyond the physical world.
My journey and search for God's goal for my life has been interesting to say the least but now I have a very good idea of what God has planned for me and I am very excited about it.
Recently I had a debate or argument over point of view with an old and dear friend of mine and it really wasn't until recently that I really realized how useless the flesh side of me was until then.
Despite My knowing and being confirmed by others I realized that no matter what I do or say or how much proof I have I cannot change anyone.
This is beyond my friend, this goes to other places also, online forums and real life as well.
It seems people will always want to believe what they want to believe and there is nothing I can do about it, it has to be God who does it because if it were me there are plenty of people I want to smack and shake them.
I can't live in that old self anymore, there is no room for my flesh and God at the same time.
It is a very hard thing indeed to die to your flesh, in fact I don't think people realize that they're living in the flesh or realize that they can't have both sitting there.
It's like having a small closet packed with clothes and then trying to have a winter jacket in there too, it's not going to work very well.
in the past I have had a critical spirit and I see now that it does me no good, it just brings too much negativity over something I can't control.
I guess I saw that maybe I didn't trust God as much as I thought I did because if I did trust Him I wouldn't have to force anything or get upset if someone doesn't understand what I'm saying, even saying I'm wrong when I know I'm not.
These are things I cannot control, I can't control people and I think once I came to that realization that I should trust God enough to show my words as truth.
In the end there are far too many people to waste my time trying to argue with them when it's out of my control and nothing I do will change them, it has to be God, He can do the work.
That doesn't mean I'll stop talking to people what's right and wrong or what the Bible says, it just means I'll stop trying so hard it frustrates and makes me want to scream.
I will try to stay true to that and try to work hard on getting rid of that critical spirit and if anyone can help me it's God.
Keeping it in check that it won't creep up on me will be hard but I know it's something I need to do in the end because I want a soft pliable heart and moldable to what God wants to use me for.
When that happens I believe I'll be able to talk to people better and God will be able to use me in the way He intended to use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment